We have all cooked, at least once. It is not a mystery to anyone that, if we have the right tools, all the preparations can be much better. Surely you have come to ask yourself, on occasion: how to choose the appropriate cookware? There are many myths related to them. However, in this article, we will reveal them all.
If you love to cook, you will know that the best recipes originate from experimentation. The key is to choose the cookware that best suits your style and needs. The kitchen will always be an obligation, although we can make it art if we accompany it with the best tools and work utensils.
The most important
- Cookware can be made of stainless steel, ceramic, or Teflon. Some of them can be used without oils.
- A kitchen battery is a set that usually includes pots and pans. Some bring their accessories and other additional pieces
- It will always be important to define our kitchen requirements, as it will help us choose the right cookware.
The best kitchen cookware: our recommendations
Choosing the correct cookware is a difficult task. The possibilities are as wide as they are diverse, but the needs will be particular and unique. In this sense, to relieve you of the search work, we have made this list of the best kitchen cookware on the market. They stand out based on different criteria, but they share the quality of being the most chosen by users. Take a look at these proposals.
T-fal 12-Piece Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Cookware Set
- 7.75-inch and 11-inch skillets, 1-quart and 2-quart saucepans with lids
- Easy-to-clean, dishwasher-safe cookware set Nonstick interior
- Safe for all cooking methods except induction.
- Free of PFOA, lead, and cadmium
- With our Thermo-spot indicator, know when our T-fal pan will be ready to use.
- Oven safe up to 350F
- ERGONOMIC HEAT RESISTANT HANDLES for a comfortable grip
T-fal Extra Durable Aluminum Cookware Set
- Thermo-spot will tell you the exact moment to start cooking and obtain the best results
- 3-layer Resist Plus nonstick and thermospot technology that indicates the exact temperature to start cooking
- Recyclable ingredients with a safe non-stick coating (PFOA Free, Lead-Free, and Cadmium Free)
- Includes: Pan 20/24, Saucepan 24+ lid, pot 24 with lid, pitcher 16/18 + lid, milker, and two utensils
- Grosor: 2.5 mm
- Bakelite handles and shiny finish on the outside
- Compatible with any heat source except induction
Greenlife 16-Piece Ceramic Nonstick Soft-Grip Cookware Set
- Thermolon nonstick ceramic, made without PFOA, PFAS, lead, or cadmium
- 4″ mini skillet, 7″ skillet, 9.5″ skillet, 2.5QT covered skillet, 7″ stainless steel steamer, and 4 cookware.
- Soft to the touch, maximum comfort, and oven safe up to 350F.
- Excellent heat conductor for all your recipes
- No more fighting over dishes.
- Cooking at low to medium temperatures with butter or high smoke point oils with nylon or wood utensils.
T-fal Initiative Cookware Set
- Exclusive Thermo-spot technology, which when it turns red indicates that it is the perfect time to start cooking
- Non-stick that prevents food from sticking and facilitates cleaning
- Ergonomic handles for comfort when cooking
- Utensils are resistant to high temperatures and do not retain odors or flavors
- Aluminum frame for durability
Shopping Guide: What you should know about cookware
Sometimes, some people are not clear about the concept of “cookware”. For this reason, below you will find definitions and frequently asked questions about it. Before purchasing a battery, it is necessary to have basic notions about it and know what it refers to, in addition to its benefits. Let us begin!
What is a kitchen skillet and what are its benefits?
A kitchen skillet consists of a set of utensils and essential elements for the kitchen. Cookwares consist of pots, pans, frying pans, and baking trays, which can be used for frying, baking, and boiling. The main advantage offered by kitchen cookware is the possibility of acquiring or renewing the most common instruments for cooking in one go. In other words, you will save yourself the need to purchase pots, pans, and trays individually. As they all belong to the same set, it is safe to know what they are made of. Similarly, the quality is the same in all parts.
What types of cookware are there?
There are many possible typologies to classify cookware. However, the most common way to differentiate them is by using their manufacturing material as a comparison variable. Next, we share a table with the 4 most frequent materials in batteries. Their respective characteristics will be listed, so you can choose the one that suits you best:
|Widely used in the kitchen industry. Many families choose it because it is kept in excellent condition and is easy to clean.||They are usually very easy to clean and use.||Ideal for cooking over low-medium heat. Therefore, cooking times will be longer.||They are ideal for low-medium temperatures, they use heat evenly. In addition, they cook without the need to add oils or other fats.|
|They withstand high temperatures, which can be an excellent option for restaurants.||It does not need added fat to cook.||It is ideal for those recipes where the intensity of the fire must be low.||Non-metal utensils should be used to avoid scratches.|
|They do not usually absorb the smell of food.||The coating must be free of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA).||Widely used in home kitchens, as they help maintain the flavor of the food to perfection. They are not prone to scratches. In addition, they can be washed in the dishwasher.||When it reaches high temperatures, it releases gases that can be counterproductive to health|
How is a kitchen battery made?
Basic cookware contains at least 2-4 pieces. Within them, there are lots of different capacities and pans of different diameters. Some include other utensils such as pressure cookers or grill pans. There is no perfect number of pieces to choose from. However, it is necessary to think, how many people do you cook for and how often? From here, it is possible to decide the optimal quantity to buy. Here is a short list to guide your decision:
- 2-4 pieces: It is ideal for small families. Here, it will be important to prioritize pots or pans of two different sizes.
- 5-7 pieces: It is usually ideal for slightly larger families and for small businesses that are starting in the world of gastronomy. It is suitable for cooking 2-4 types of food.
- 8-11 pieces: It is usually recommended for those businesses that are beginning to sell a greater variety of dishes. Also, for families that have different types of food, either by choice or necessity (allergies, for example).
How to cure a kitchen skillet?
- When you get your cookware, you can’t just start using it right away. Previously, you must cure the utensils, to remove any surplus particles from their manufacturing process and adapt them to high temperatures. The easiest way is: Bring to low-medium heat and use oil to cover the entire surface
- Wait for the oil to be consumed
- Turn off the heat and wait for it to cool down
- Wash the battery with soap and water as usual. Make sure you don’t clean it with materials that will ruin it.
- If necessary, this process can be repeated.
Why choose a kitchen skillet?
The instruments and elements of the kitchen are not all the same. As the needs arise, it is normal to acquire this or that utensil to cover the demands of the moment. However, it is most possible that not all instruments are of good quality or shine for their aesthetics. Worse yet, the wear and tear they suffer are not the same between them. A kitchen skillet gives you the possibility of having the necessary tools together, that is, with good quality in every one of them. In addition, another point in favor of deciding on it is that you will be able to maintain better order in the kitchen.
Finally, acquiring kitchen cookware will guarantee you, not only a longer life for your instruments but also better control of what elements you have available for your preparations. With a kitchen battery, you would avoid going to the market every time a tool fails you.
Kitchen skillets are very varied, both in design and in the kitchen options they offer us. For this reason, we say that cooking is a fun task and a lot of learning. In this sense, it is necessary to know different purchase criteria that guide us, finally, towards choosing the appropriate skillet for our needs.
Choosing the appropriate items to work with your cookware will prevent pans or pots from being easily damaged. For example, if we use a wooden spoon in a Teflon saucepan, scratches will most likely be generated. In this sense, here are the most recommended and common materials for your kitchen accessories:
|They withstand high temperatures, which avoids the risk of disintegration.||In addition to being friendly to the environment, they are very useful in all types of batteries.|
|It is suggested to look for those that have the “BPA Free” seal, a chemical that, when exposed to high temperatures, becomes dangerous to health.||They usually have very affordable prices.|
|The part that will have direct contact with the food and the battery must be silicone. The handle can be made of metal or another more resistant element. Battery damage will be avoided.||The only extra care we must have with them is to dry them well. It is essential that these do not stay wet for a long time.|
Type of cuisine
You need to identify the type of stove you have. Kitchen batteries can be suitable for any energy source, although there are models indicated for a specific type of kitchen. The following can be found:
- Gas stove: These are the most traditional, universal, and economical stoves. They work with gas (propane, butane, or natural) or with electricity. They are made up of burners that are responsible for distributing the fire to the container. Its main advantage is the speed to heat.
- Induction cooker: Its price is higher than the previous one. Its operation consists of generating a magnetic field to heat the containers. However, it does not heat the entire plate, but only the “burner”. Therefore, the risk of suffering burns is low.
- Ceramic hob kitchen: It is in the balance of quality-price. Its plate works based on resistances that generate heat to the container that is on it. The resistors are located under the glass plate. Unlike the induction cooker, the glass-ceramic stove heats the entire plate.
The size of each piece of the set will depend on the amount of food to be made. However, certain parameters can help you choose the right diameter for your cookware. Also, we must take into account the size of the burner flame:
In the case of induction, the distance from the plate to where the heat reaches is taken into account, to take advantage of it and not waste that energy. The smallest will be 16 cm. An average size could be 20 cm. And, for a family of 8 people, up to 24 cm would be fine.
Another way to refer to the size is the capacity of the pots. Its height helps us to know how much liquid we can put in it. A 1.5-liter pot is ideal for a small family. An average height could be 3 liters, suitable for 3-4 plates of food. Lastly, a 7-liter would be ideal for a large family or medium-sized business.
Type of cooking
Kitchen skillets, based on their material, may need the addition of olive, sunflower, or coconut oil. In Teflon, steel, and non-stick cookware, in general, it is not necessary to add any type of oil. However, it is necessary to read the manufacturer’s instructions for use, to clear up any doubts.
In addition, we must consider the temperature at which it is cooked. At high heat, certain cookware can likely be damaged or change shape. If we choose to cook without oils, we must make sure that the food has a liquid component or part. In this way, the lack of oil for our food will be compensated and we will be able to do without it.
Kitchen skillets, in short, are sets of different pieces and tools that are essential for cooking. The variety of options is wide, in terms of sizes, materials, accepted firing method, and the number of pieces included. It will be up to us to determine the battery that suits us best. Remember that they will be your help wheels at meals every day and at special times or dates.
All the mentioned features are very important. However, it is more essential to know our needs and the type of kitchen we have, so we can narrow the search radius towards the most convenient options.
If you liked our article, leave us a comment with your impressions. Also, do not hesitate to share it with those friends or acquaintances who need to renovate their kitchen or are about to open one.